64 Greenbury Point Road
Annapolis, MD 21402
Home course of the Naval Academy Midshipmen
The course was initially designed in 1928 and abandoned during the Great Depression. In 1938, the U.S. Navy purchased land on Greenbury Point in order to expand its radio communications facility. Among the land it acquired was the 18-hole golf course.
Over the next two years, the Navy restored nine of the 18 original holes, and in 1940, the Naval Academy Golf Club opened for play. In 1944, William Flynn finished work to renovate the course. His work incorporated the rolling terrain of inlets and surrounding tidal rivers of the Chesapeake Bay, along with views of the Bay Bridge in the distance.
From the mid-1950s through the mid-2010s, minor changes occurred. In 2017, a chipping and putting facility was added between the driving range and back nine holes. Additionally, the Gurneé Sports Performance Center was christened, which features a series of enclosed hitting bays and state-of-the-art video equipment and swing analysis technology to allow for year-round practice.
In 2018, restoration work took place on the bunkers, followed by new greens and an updated irrigation system.
The Naval Academy Golf Course is a private course.
The Naval Academy Golf Course
Length: 7,025 yards