Dunes Golf and Beach Club
9000 North Ocean Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Home course of the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
This 7,450-yard elegant oceanfront course is the premier country club in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Created from a 1947 fishing cabin located in Singleton Swash, a couple of local Myrtle Beach businessmen and women turned an outdated cabin into a lavish paradise. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the Dunes Golf and Beach Club is filled with rich history and fond memories, especially for the 800+ loyal members who enjoy the exceptional service and family-friendly atmosphere.
Designed by Robert Trent Jones, the course is a combination of rigorous but fair obstacles and beautifully woven fields. Dunes has seen minor renovations throughout the years but has retained the original essence of its design, proving that the excellence of the layout would stand up to the numerous industry changes over the decades.
The 13th hole, dubbed “Waterloo,” is the course’s signature hole. On this legendary hole, Lake Singleton comes into play for a severe dogleg right and creates a memorable test for golfers.
The Dunes Club is semi-private; however, access is limited to guests staying at a select number of area hotels.
Coastal Carolina University
Length: 7,450 yards
Awards and Recognitions
- #13 The Best Golf Courses in South Carolina – Golf Digest, 2021-2022
- #16 The Best Golf Courses in South Carolina – Golf Digest, 2019-2020
- #56 America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses – Golf Digest, 2019-2020
- #64 America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses – Golf Digest, 2021-2022
- Host of the 1962 USGA Women’s Open Championship
- Host of the 1977 USGA Women’s Senior Amateur Championship
- Host of the PGA Senior Tour Championship, 1994-1999
- Host of the CCU General James Hackler Collegiate Championship, 2015-2018
- Host of the 2014 PGA Professional National Championship
- Host of the 2017 USGA Women’s Amateur Four-Ball Championship