1509 Main Campus Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
Lonnie Poole is the only collegiate golf course in the world designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer.
The facility is a public golf course on the Centennial Campus of NC State University, which not only serves as the home venue for the Wolfpack men’s and women’s golf teams, but also facilitates turfgrass and stormwater research associated with the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS). Furthermore, the golf course serves as a teaching and training facility for the Professional Golf Management Program in the College of Natural Resources.
Playable for all skill levels, Lonnie Poole provides a challenge to low handicap players and is considered one of the toughest collegiate courses in the U.S. With breathtaking views of the Raleigh skyline and the world-renowned Centennial Campus, the course is a favorite in the golf community.
In addition to a fully-stocked clubhouse, the course features upscale, casual dining.
THE PLAYERS Championship Course
Length: 7,358 yards
Awards and Recognitions
- #12 – College Campus Courses – Golfers Choice, 2021
- Top 10 – Arnold Palmer Designed Golf Courses in the World – Golf Digest, 2018
- Top 25 – Elite Clubfitter in the U.S. – Golf Magazine, 2019
- Top 25 – North Carolina Courses – Golf Advisor, 2018
- Top 30 – College Campus Courses – Golfweek Magazine, 2009-17
- Host U.S. Open Championship Qualifier, 2017
- Host CGA North Carolina Junior Championship, 2019
- Host Carolinas PGA Junior League Regional Qualifier, 2019