1001 Lafayette Drive
Farmington, PA 15437
Conde Nast Traveler and AAA Travel Guide have consistently awarded Nemacolin Woodlands Resort the highest ratings in a number of categories. More than just a place to golf, Nemacolin is a vacation destination for the whole family. Its features include an internationally acclaimed spa, award-winning restaurants and a number of outdoor and indoor activities. Those staying at Nemacolin have exclusive access to the resort’s Lady Luck Casino. Guests can choose one of numerous lodging options, including the Chateau Lafayette – a luxurious hotel inspired by the famed Ritz Paris, a tribute to the grand hotels and resorts of Europe, which features exquisite pieces from the $45 million dollar Hardy Family Art Collection. Nemacolin’s Falling Rock boutique hotel sits on the 18th green of Mystic Rock and is a tribute to the architectural style of Frank Lloyd Wright. Besides offering a warm and friendly feel to their well-appointed rooms, the English Tudor-style Lodge houses a large portion of the Hardy Family Art Collection. Other lodging options include townhomes and luxury vacation homes.
Nemacolin’s newest Pete Dye designed course, Shepherd’s Rock, is a great combination of unique and enjoyable golf holes combined with the stunning mountain top environment of views that speak to your soul.
High atop the Pennsylvania Allegheny Mountains, the 7,151-yard Shepherd’s Rock golf course offers extraordinary golf in a unique setting. The rolling rustic terrain is ideal to fully utilize Dye’s brilliant imagination in fashioning a routing that is both fun and challenging for golfers. The layout rivals the highest-rated golf courses in the country and is a perfect companion to Mystic Rock.
Also designed by Dye, Mystic Rock is a long and challenging course that produces one of the country’s finest golfing experiences. The former home of the PGA’s 84 Lumber Classic, Mystic Rock takes full advantage of the rolling hills found throughout southwestern Pennsylvania by having one of the highest slope ratings in the country. Dye’s Championship design places a heavy focus on the incorporation of natural topography and terrain.
Recognitions and Awards
- Best Courses You Can Play in Pennsylvania (#1) – Mystic Rock – Golfweek, 2021-2015, 2013, 2009-2008
- Best Courses You Can Play in Pennsylvania (#5) – Shepard’s Rock – Golfweek, 2021-2019
- Best Casino Courses (#9) – Mystic Rock – Golfweek, 2021-2017, 2014
- Best Resort Courses (#88) – Mystic Rock – Golfweek, 2021
- Best Resort Courses (#178) – Shepards Rock – Golfweek, 2021
- Best of Award of Excellence – Lautrec – Wine Spectator, 2021-2013, 2011-2002
- Five-Star Rating – Lautrec – Forbes Travel Guide, 2021-2009
- Five-Diamond Rating – Falling Rock Hotel – AAA Travel Guide, 2021-2007
- Five-Star Rating – Lautrec – AAA, 2021-2007
- Four-Diamond Rating – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort – AAA Travel Guide, 2021-2004