Highland Heights, OH
StoneWater is the site of Jason Day’s first professional win. The private course, located just east of Cleveland, is tucked away in a residential development. Constructed in 1996, the award-winning design team of Hurzdan & Fry created a masterpiece that has quickly become one of Ohio’s finest courses. A challenging layout provides members with the opportunity to develop a full set of skills and not just focus on one area. StoneWater’s practice area is tour quality, containing a 10,000-square foot driving range with an adjacent indoor hitting area, two huge practice putting and chipping greens and a sand trap practice area behind the driving range enabling golfers to work on the dozens of kinks in their swing.
While StoneWater is a private course, the club’s restaurant is open to the public for lunch and dinner.
Awards & Accolades
- Host to the Nationwide Tour’s Legend Group Classic 2005-2007
- U.S. Mid-Amateur Local Qualifier – 2005
- U.S. Open Local Qualifier – 2000 and 2003-2004
- Top 30 in the Country, (Public Access) Golf Digest – 2002-2006
- #9 Best Golf Courses in Ohio – Golf Digest – 1999 and 2005-2006