1 Robert Trent Jones Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89141
Home course of the UNLV Rebels
Southern Highlands opened its fairways to golfers on April 1, 2000. Hyped as one of the elite new private clubs in America, it has lived up to the billing and consistenly receives critical acclaim.
The course offers 18 distinctly beautiful and unique golf holes that honor the land upon which they are sculpted.
Southern Highlands is one of only four courses co-designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, Sr., and his son Robert Trent Jones, Jr., and a plaque on the 12th hole proclaims it to be the last hole Jones Sr. designed.
From the rugged, natural beauty of the desert, the family design team took full advantage of the 225 acres of mountainous terrain to create sweeping elevation changes, beautiful ponds and waterfalls, deep-faced bunkers and challenging greens.
Perhaps no other course has a more intimidating 18th hole. The final hole is a massive 622-yard, par 5, with a stream cutting through the fairway.
Southern Highlands Golf Club is a private club.
The Southern Highlands Golf Club
Length: 7,510 yards
Awards and Recognitions
- #3 The Best Golf Courses in Nevada – Golf Digest, 2019-2020
- #4 The Best Golf Courses in Nevada – Golf Digest, 2021-2022
- #162, America’s Second Greatest 100 Courses – Golf Digest, 2017-’18
- #165 America’s Second Greatest 100 Courses – Golf Digest, 2019-2020
- #191 America’s Second Greatest 100 Courses – Golf Digest, 2021-2022
- Host Invensys Classic PGA Tour
- Host Southern Highlands Collegiate