Along the shores of Lake Michigan’s Little Traverse Bay are three distinct 9-hole courses that make up The Inn at Bay Harbor. Designed by Arthur Hills, Bay Harbor’s three courses are typically played in pairs – each with a different finishing nine – to form three unique 18-hole course routings. Whether golfers choose to play a pairing or all 27 holes, the experience promises to test and reward every player and every skill level.
The Links is reminiscent of Irish seaside courses, offering a setting and scenery found only a handful of places around the world. Miles of shoreline create a backdrop of incomparable beauty, accented with towering bluffs and dunes.
The Preserve course is a haven for wildlife and golfers alike, featuring stately hardwoods that tower over lush grasses, wildflowers and wetlands.
Considered one of the world’s most unique courses, The Quarry winds its way around and through an immense shale quarry, complete with 40-foot gorges surrounded by stone cliffs, natural ponds and a gentle waterfall.
A visit to Bay Harbor is a true getaway. It is a chance to slip into a lifestyle of tranquility and indulgence, where visitors can share the simple pleasures of peaceful, uninterrupted time together – with nothing more to do than relax.
Their award-winning spa is in a perfect setting, located in an area where Lake Michigan meets the north woods forest. Visitors may choose to visit for a spa service, massage or yoga practice – or immerse themselves in a full day of luxury, while their significant other plays 18 or 36 holes.
Fine dining is a priority for guests of The Inn at Bay Harbor – A Renaissance Golf Resort – and every effort is made to indulge guests’ diverse tastes. Their restaurants are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
From an array of dining options at the Inn’s award-winning restaurants to spa treatments and championship golf, Bay Harbor is the perfect antidote to the stress of everyday life.
Awards & Accolades
- Premier Golf Resorts: Silver Award – GOLF Magazine – 2015, 2014
- Best in State and 100 Greatest Public Courses – Golf Digest – 2015
- #87 Top 100 Courses You Can Play (The Links/The Quarry) – Golf Magazine – 2014
- #88 Best Resort Courses – (The Links/The Quarry) – Golfweek – 2014
- #12 Best Courses You Can Play (The Links/The Quarry) – Golfweek – 2014-2012
- #65 America’s Greatest Public Golf Courses (The Links/The Quarry) Golf Digest – 2014
- Top 500 World’s Best Hotels – Travel + Leisure – 2014, 2011-2008
- 10 Most Unusual U.S. Golf Courses (The Quarry) – Forbes.com – 2013
- #49 Top 100 Courses You Can Play (The Links/The Quarry) – Golf Magazine – 2012
- #13 Best Courses State by State (The Links/The Quarry) – Golfweek – 2012
- #3 Best Public Golf Courses in Michigan (The Links/The Quarry) – Golf Magazine – 2012
- Top 125 Golf Resorts – Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Golf Poll – 2011
- Michigan Course of the Year – National Golf Course Owners Association – 2008
- #2 Best Restaurants – Travel + Leisure GOLF
- #3 Best Midwest Golf Resorts – Travel + Leisure GOLF
- #3 Best Resort Courses – Travel + Leisure GOLF
- #8 Top 100 Golf Resorts – Conde Nast Traveler Annual Reader Survey
- #20 America’s Top 75 Golf Resorts – Golf Digest
- Best Golf in the Midwest – GOLF Magazine
- Gold Award Premier Resort – GOLF Magazine
- Great Golf Resorts of the World – PGA Magazine
- Most Underrated Resort in the Midwest – Travel + Leisure GOLF